Sunday 27 May 2012

Sunday Morning Sitrep

I need to confess my sins ... it is Sunday morning after all!

Yesterday I had a very productive day... Doughtys came to town! 

Need I say more ...


White on white, cream, osnaburg ...



some really lovely lovelies ...


including Valorie Wells Karavan, Amy Butler Lark and a few new Kaffe's ...

But I came home, and continued with the quilting ....

but it was just too hot ... so I got busy with the sewing machine and some Siblings Together blocks I've had pieced for a couple of weeks ....


and got this top pieced! 

It's large to be fair at 80" x 80" but a teenage boy is going to love it I hope!

I'm hoping to get the current quilting job off the frame this morning so this one can go straight on after... and if it can fit in the suitcase it will travel to London with me! 

Right, it's way too early on a Sunday morning but I'm off to get busy! 

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

I was about to ask why Doughty's always comes to your town, but it is a stupid question. Obviously you make it well worth their while!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh you weren't joking!!!

Katy Cameron said...

Did you leave Doughty's with any stock?!

Sarah said...

LOL You know those photos are just making me itch to come and fold it all nicely for you so that it all looks like the pretty bundle in the ribbon... (not promising you wouldnt be a few of those greys short by the time I'm done mind you....) lol

Barb said...

The fabrics have me drooling and your quilt top is fabulous!

Nicky said...

Before you come to London?

Judith, Belfast said...

Brilliant quilt design for a boy! I hope you've got a really big suitcase! Jxo

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the Sibs quilt! (And I'm quite envious of your Doughty's haul!)

Di said...

Ah Trudi I kept away and so I wasn't tempted! Di x

Cindy said...

It's amazing you could find your camera with all of that fabric filling the room! Sarah's hilarious - do her a favor and let her come over to fold.

QuiltSue said...

Wowwee, what a fantastic haul.