Monday 28 May 2012

Phew ... a finish!

I finished the quilting for this lovely lady ...


and it is going to be bundles as best I can in the suitcase along with this....



I loaded it straight up and got on with the quilting


and soon had the binding on too


I did machine this one down rather than hand finishing for speed


and I just love this postcard fabric and thought it would be perfect for the back !


Whenever I have been away from my family, mail has been the most important moral boost ever!

I hope this boosts  the moral of a teenager for Siblings Together this summer!

Right ... back to the list!

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

she'll be thrilled it's beautiful :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lucky Cinders and lucky ST recipient xxx

Nicky said...

Well done, well done Trudi! Working on the last ST quilt right now!

Canadian Abroad said...

You much have been working flat out! Cindy is going to be thrilled. As is the siblings recipient.

Cindy said...

EEEEeeee! It's so gorgeous, Trudi!
Your ST quilt is just fantastic. Someone is going to be thrilled at camp this year. Awesome finish.

Sarah said...

Wonderful work missus, really love your ST quilt :-)

9patchnurse said...

Whooooo good job! Where did you get that postcard fabric? It's really lovely and I'm sure that quilt will be loved!

Katy Cameron said...

Woohoo, both looking fab!

mammafairy said...

You know, I thought I didn't really like writing on fabric, but those postcards are awesome. Love your finish! Fantastic.

Di said...

Trudi did you get any sleep this weekend? You have been flat out. The ST quilt is lovely and the backing fabric just perfect. Well done in completing everything. Di x

Judith, Belfast said...

Wow! 2 BIG finishes T! V.well done. Love the postcard fabric, so touching. This will be a huge comfort to a young lad. You'll be needing a lorry then instead of a suitcase? Jxo

QuiltSue said...

Will you have any room in your suitcase for clothes? Both your finishes look great, you must be happy with them, but tired too.

Lynz said...

Oh, the postcard fabric is perfect, Trood! And that is just about my favourite fabric for the binding, too. Now, get back to it, woman! *cracks whip* And remember and pack knickers, not just quilts!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Two gorgeous quilts!!!