Saturday 26 May 2012

FQ London 2012 Linky Party

It's almost time ! 

Only 6 more sleeps and I'll be on my way to London for the Fat Quarterly Retreat!  It seems such a long time ago I threw caution to the wind and blew some savings on a weekend ticket, hotel and train fare.  And now it's almost time  ...

If you are new here, welcome, I'm Trudi, 47 year old, mother of teenagers, the very tall one and the Teenage Diva!  I work part time as an administrator for a Rights charity, where I turn a pile of 'IN' into a pile of 'OUT', and I'm very happy with that, after a long career in the Royal Air Force.  On my official non working days, I can be found in my studio in the garden quilting ... 

I learned to sew way back when my mum made my clothes, did sewing at school, made my own clothes and even made ball gowns.   Until one day, an American colleague handed me a Keepsake Quilting catalogue and opened my eyes to a whole new world of fabric love!  That was more than 20 years ago now!

As I am one of those people that don't like to have their photo taken, that one up there is pretty close, or on more creative days I look a bit like this ..

speccy, (seems to be a prerequisite) short and rounded in a middle aged way ...

...  but if that doesn' work, then I'll be the one wearing this wonderful name badge from Shevvy ...


I'm getting a little anxious now about meeting up with so many people who I know only online, including members of the Brit Bee.  I already met Lynne and Katy of the Fat Quarterly team.  And Laura, Susan, Terri and Judith of the Brit Bee... and also Di who I met last week!  So at least I won't be walking into a room full of strangers (my worst nightmare)  I'll be the quiet one, yeah I know, maybe not!  But really, I am sort of shy!

I can't remember what I'm doing, other than the full works!  I HAVE got my sample swap items made, though they do need a little tweak.  But that's about it!  Nothing more sorted.  So, as the queen of last minute, as Judith knows! I better dust off the crown and get busy ... it's almost done Cindy!  :) 

So, I'll see you all in London, trains permitting :)  Now, pen ... paper... better get me a big list!

2.  Miss May Bee Blocks
3.  Sort out Bee Block supplies/Instructions for June
4. find class list/match up supplies

... better stop there  for now!  :) 


29 comments:

Di said...

So are you packed and all prepared? Di x

Judith, Belfast said...

Woohoo! This week is going to fly in! Jxo

Canadian Abroad said...

Eeeeeeeek! See you there!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Nervous giggles x

Sarah said...

Cant wait to meet you missus x

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck with that list, see you there :o)

Just Sew Sue said...

I'm glad to meet another retreater who's been quilting as long as I have. See you Saturday.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Shy?! I don't remember you being massively shy lol. C u next week! X

Tacha said...

Hi Trudi - can't wait to see you at the retreat! I'm pretty sure we already met too at Festival of Quilts!

Charlotte said...

eeek! Looking forward to meeting you :-D

moira said...

only 6 more sleeps! See you saturday x

Catherine said...

look forward to meeting you on Saturday

verykerryberry said...

See you very soon!

Rafael's Mum said...

So glad you are coming! Really looking forward to meeting you!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Have a fabulous time!

Liz DandeliondD said...

Can't wait to meet you there xxxx

Kelly said...

Can't wait to meet you - see you saturday!

Pippa Parsons said...

cannot wait to meet you, I so love your quilting talent, one day i'll get over to go on the frame quilting course :)

ScissorsandThread said...

Looking forward to meeting you.

Leanne said...

I can't wait to meet you in person! And the navy, too cool.

Dianne Neale said...

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Cindy said...

Oh no! The list! Mine is so long it's scary, too! We'll get it all done in time to relax for a great weekend :)

QuiltSue said...

You're going to have a wonderful time. I wish I was going too.

Unknown said...

See you tomorrow! And at the weekend!

Mandalin said...

this is going to be sooooooo much fun! see you soon!

Strawberry Patch said...

really looking forward to meeting you!

Betty said...

I still have a bit of sorting out to do.
See ya!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Wishing you lots of fun at the retreat!

Annabella said...

Looking forward to meeting you Trudi!