Wednesday 1 April 2009

Sneaky Peak

I thought I'd give you a sneak peak at the quilting on my OP Challenge. I'm busy sewing the binding on at the moment, but thought I would share some of the quilting with you, I was so thrilled with the results :o) This was my very first attempt at some from Suzzane Earley. And I LOVED it, it was so quick to do. It fills the quilt with soft curves of beauty.

I only practised on one piece of paper before I set about quilting. And I don't think I did a bad job of it either. (If you click on the pic you should get a better look) Yes there were a few wobbly moments, particularly when I had meandered all over the top and found handfuls of excess backing, I could have cried. Needless to say, because it is so heavily quilted, yes there are pleats on the back, but they are no where near as bad as I thought they were going to be. So, no, its not perfect, but it is a great learning piece, that from the front, I'm really pleased with, and I can live with the back too. So tell me, honestly, what do you think to the show so far?

Happy quilting :o)

3 comments:

Tracey said...

The feathers look fantastic ... you've done a great job! I love the style of quilting!

Trudi said...

Thanks Tracey, I really enjoyed doing this, it was fun and quick. so good I'v done another one. Can't wait to reveal it :o)

Martha said...

Wow! Fantastic feathers, Trudi. Well done.