Tuesday 26 August 2014

Rapture Star

So my Rapture Star has been on my FAL list for some time
It needed to be done in time for Festival, 

With all the piecing going on, my quilt got put to the pile,  
When I loaded it, I wanted to do it justice for a competition, but just looked at it for weeks (ok, 2 weeks) before I quilted it.  

And when I did get round to quilting it, I had made the decision that it would not make it to Festival, as I still had Nels quilts to do, and well, the paid work comes first right?

So I just quilted it with feathers, no plan, just did it


on and off, no fuss


and I love it, not the best quilting, backtracking or anything like I wanted for it, 
but thanks to Moira and Mary and a binding party, whilst I quilted the EMMQG entry

my Rapture Star made it to Festival



This is another Whopper at 84" square
Fabrics are Rapture by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics with Pure Elements in Snow from Art Gallery fabrics as the background. 

The pattern was from a Moda Bakeshop pattern Candy Flower pillow by Julie Hirt that used Mini Squares (2 1/2") 
but I went large and super sized those squares somewhat!

There is some AGF on the back and so this quilt feels amazing!

So that's another one off my FAL list!

11 comments:

QuiltSue said...

It's beautiful Trudi. Soft, feminine and ... beautiful.

Leanne said...

This turned out so beautifully, and how lovely that it made it to the festival too!

Anonymous said...

I saw and admired it at the Festival of Quilts, it looked really wonderful!

Terri said...

Most Beautiful :-) as ever Trudi xx

Sarah said...

I love how you casually say on and off with no fuss! It was a favourite with many if the IG threads and the post FoQ blog posts are anything to go by ... And no wonder! Beautiful as always.

Judith, Belfast said...

She's a beauty! Jxo

Cindy said...

It was gorgeous to see in person! I can't believe you didnt have a plan. This whole quilting thing comes so naturally to you.

pennydog said...

I can't believe I missed this one!! I would lose at Trudi bingo....

Katy Cameron said...

Supersized just a little bit ;o) Lovely job :o)

Catherine said...

Gorgeous quilt and quilting Trudi. I am yet to even start finishing anything on my FAL list!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It is a striking quilt, and your lovely quilting sets it off to perfection! Well done, Trudi!