Sunday 29 December 2013

Space dust

Way back in the summer at the Fat Quarterly retreat, Kelly asked me to quilt her Tula Pink Spacedust quilt. 

The brief ... do whatever you think on it! 

so it sat, for a while, and I quilted others ahead of it,


and I hung it in the studio for a while so it could inspire me ...

and I knew what I was going to do in the background, 

and then I started quilting it ...


and it just sort of happened, 


and the back


Kelly has a done a beautiful post about her quilt here, so please go take a read,
if you are ever not sure about a quilt, sometimes taking a leap ... and handing over the reigns to someone else can be just the ticket to bring your focus back to why you loved it in the first place.  

Thank you Kelly for placing your trust in me.  






14 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Another fabulously feathery masterpiece :o)

Fran said...

Fabulous quilt and quilting!

Judith, Belfast said...

Fabulous collaboration of ultra modern piecing and classical quilting! Well done. Jxo

Brenda said...

looks great! I hopped over to the other blog to see it too.

Leanne said...

This is a wonderful quilt, and the quilting really makes it special.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

wonderful!

Canadian Abroad said...

Two geniuses working in collaboration!

Kelly said...

I had total faith in you Trudi! xx

Catherine said...

Wow, fantastic job!

Nicky said...

A marriage of quilt and quilting made in heaven!

Unknown said...

Trudi this is stunning! I loooove the pattern you've used for the background! It screams "stroke me".

In Trudi we trust!

QuiltSue said...

You took a great quilt and turned it into the greatest quilt Trudi. Absolutely beautiful.

Di said...

Brilliant quilting on an awesome quilt. Di x

pennydog said...

That is fantastic! I cannot wait until my big bed quilt for ME is all done for you to quilt for me :)