Saturday 31 December 2011

Thank you 2011 ...

... I learned a lot this year ... and I achieved a lot more than I ever expected in so many ways!

As the year is almost over, it's good to look back ...
it's had it's ups and downs,
plenty of veg from the plot, lots of baking, loads of jam and chutney

and plenty of stitching, especially following the arrival of my studio in January ...



so these are the finished quilts, with a couple of imposter's,
one obvious, the other not so ...  but I just had to include it...

that one quilt has had a profound impact on so many people, for all the right reasons

it continues to fill me with joy as much as it continues to comfort it's owner  :) 

And so I look at those 19 quilts and realise how productive a year it has been, yet I only managed to complete 3 of my UFO list for the year ... oh well, some is better than none!

which gives me hope that 2012 will be equally as productive a year as it fast approaches,
there is another UFO on the frame fast nearing finished ...

Thank you all so much for your friendship, encouragement and support over the last year, I truly appreciate every one of you :) 

Wishing you all a healthy, happy New Year!



13 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

Stunning quilts T! Project 51 was v.special to me too! Have a great 2012! Jxo

Katy Cameron said...

Great collection of makes. Hope you have a fabulous new year :o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

A great year Trudi. P51 was undoubtedly the most special to be involved in.
Happy New Year xxx

Lizzie Allen said...

Happy New Year, Trudi!

Sarah said...

Happy new year Trudi, hope its fabulous :-) What am I saying, JUNE!!! Of course 2012 is going to be fabulous.... lol x

Kirsten said...

A lovely collection of quilts! I still have your beautiful Christmas table runner out Trudi - can't bear to put it away just yet:) Happy New year!!

Canadian Abroad said...

It is a fabulous collection of quilts, Trudi. P51 is just the icing on the cake. Hope that 2012 brings you too many good things to count! See you in June!

ScissorsandThread said...

Gorgeous mosaic of beautiful quilts. Here's to 2012 and will hopefully meet you in person in June!

Manda said...

Beautiful quilts! I hope 2012 brings as much stitchy goodness for you!

Emma said...

What a collection! So many finished, amazing. Happy New Year Trudi, hope it's a good one for you.

QuiltSue said...

When you look at it like that, it really shows how busy you've been. Specially cos that doesn't include all the other, smaller quilty projects you've probably done over the year.

Sheila said...

What an amazing body of work Trudi, you have been so busy.
All the best for 2012.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Stunning quilts! I hope 2012 is a splendid year for you and yours!