Tuesday 6 December 2011

Pick Four - Revisited

Back in August I took part in a Blog hop for this book



for my friend Sue of Quilt Times

You can read my original post Here

Finally I sewed the binding down of this quilt last night, and today, whilst we had a little window of opportunity - sunshine, I dragged the hungry one outside ...


but sadly not for long, he took himself off to town to do Christmas shopping, but I got to stay home and play ... more of that in a bit ...


not my best quilting when taken in isolation like this, 


but overall, not bad imho


This is about 80" x 80" ish
(I haven't measure it exactly)


I know you like to see the back!  This one is just for YOU!

Despite the problems I had with my machine whilst quilting this one, I was pleased to finally get it done.

Especially as it was completely from stash, including the 5.5 meters of backing fabric!

Sweet!
Edited note:  I'm linking this up with Clover and Violets Stash Project here:




So, back to today, and I got to play! 


just a little :)  I'll tell you more about this in the new year! 

I did get my ORB Quilt Along Dresden pillow made today ...


sorry about the awful pic, it was dark by the time I finished it, but I was in too much of a hurry to show you :) 

This one is now going in the Christmas box to be given as a gift ...
aaah, now that feels better!

Happy Quilting!


18 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

The quilt looks great...not your best quilting?! Looks fabulous from here! I'm intrigued by the hand stitching, do we really have to wait until January?!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Blimey - that's an enormous finish and loving the intrigue and the cushion!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

The quilting looks great to me and I love the cushion:) That's a very tantalising glimpse of something you're showing us!

Hazel said...

The Pick Four quilt is a delight, Trudi - I love the quilting, especially on the final deep border.

Sarah said...

hehehe you dont half pack a lot in a day!! love the cushion and looking forward to seeing what the stitching's about!

Pat Merkle said...

I think your quilt and quilting look great.

Canadian Abroad said...

I love that quilt. It just speaks to me on all levels. Great finish.

mammafairy said...

So effective, an so simple!I love your quilt!
And the fmq is super!

Nicky said...

Yes that quilting is really awful - NOT! Trudi if only I could quilt that well I'd be deliriously happy! Well done and what tease is this? Intriguing!

Sheila said...

Love the 3D effect of the quilt and the quilting is beautiful. Isn't it great to have finishes, think we are all moving up a gear this month.

BilboWaggins said...

Not your best quilting? Cough, splutter, going to change glasses ... Trudi, stop being so hard on yourself, it looks wonderful!

Judith, Belfast said...

More stunning quilting T! Love it, and love the dresden pillow - gorgeous gift! Jxo

Pattilou said...

Your quilting looks super to me! Lovely finish. I really like the pink!

Manda said...

Beautiful quilt! Quilting looks great to me! Intrigued by the stitching and loving the pillow! :)

Mrs.Pickles said...

wow so lovely! You do great work

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Beautiful, and the quilting looks just fine from way over here! LOL.

Love the pillow, I have been toying with pillows for my christmas presents this year. I may just have to do a few.

glen

needle and nest said...

Your quilting looks awesome from where I sit! The quilt turned out wonderfully.

HoneySage said...

I love the fabric you backed it with. Thanks for sharing!