Wednesday 19 February 2014

back to work

So after the short interlude and the disruption of the delivery
Its back to work

so, I've been teaching a beginners course at Stitchcraft Studio in Grantham

and my students have made great progress


this is from a class I taught last July


and a Take Twenty Class





Sandra was on my first beginners course and has finished her runner and has been used all through Christmas, she has also gone on to make plenty of other things too! 


and these are some of the fabrics being used on the Contraflow class





and if you are interested, there's a new page with where you can find me, teaching, talking that sort of thing.  If you're interested in me coming to do a class for your quilting group or a talk, please let me know. 

In addition, it was back to the customer quilts

and what a difference!

I managed to get this one basted, using a water soluble thread on top and Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin, though the 4 oz poyester wadding was a nightmare, not something I will repeat

and there were 2 of these beuaties


all over feathers on both, with Superior So Fine in white, and off white bottom line in the bobbin.  
and then I loaded this pretty


I used Superior Rainbows thread in Bubble Gum Pink, 
such a perfect description of a colour!

so I'm back in the saddle, and loving every minute of it!

There have been a few more, but I'll save the ones I can show you for another day!

9 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Busy lady! Doesn't your Christmas runner maker look thrilled with her make too ;o)

Indianna said...

There are some beautiful quilts there and hopefully it's keeping you busy and out of mischief!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Wow - great going everyone!

Judith, Belfast said...

Wonderful to see what your students have been making. Looks like you are having fun on the new beastie! Jxo

Annabella said...

Sadly I dont teach quilting but I know as a teacher of something less pretty and interesting the huge satisfaction you get from your students' learning. This is amazing T!

Leanne said...

The students are doing so well! I love to hear about your quilting and the thread, thank you for sharing. I am going to be trying a lot of threads out this spring.

Catherine said...

Your students are storming it! Love those quilts too

sweetypie said...

back in the saltmines!!!! yeah,feel all energetic when the sun shines dontcha...

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Your students have made such good progress but then who wouldn't when they've got such a great teacher?!