Saturday 11 June 2011

Christmas Quilt Along - Part 2

Ok, I know I said pincushions, but I finished the quilting on this one first. 




Honestly there was only an hours worth left to do, so now it's off the frame, trimmed and ready for me to make the binding and get that sewn on.




Bonus!

Ok, you really want to see the pincushion, don't get too excited, it's not my thing really, and I'll make my excuses now ... lol   I could not find any poly wadding to use for stuffing at all!  Really can you believe it!


So not the bestest pincushion in the world,  since Hobbs 80/20 isn't the best thing to be stuffing a pincushion with.  Ooops, prior planning needed for this task.


And as you can see, it's not the worlds biggest either! 

I have since found a little (minuscule) scrap of wool wadding which should work wonderfully, and I have some crushed walnut shells for the next one  :) 

or perhaps I should resort to Plan B!

toodles for now!


6 comments:

Sue said...

lol You could always say you were being green with the wadding. It is a cute pincushion...and besides....who says we have to post our best work all the time? Your quilt sandwich is looking good. I like the squares inbetween the bricks.

QuiltSue said...

I love how you quilted that quilt. The texture it's given is great.

As for your pincushion, I think it's cute.

Manda said...

Your quilting is beautiful!
I like the pincushion, it doesn't matter if it is a little flat!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I think you could probably stick a clip/pin on the back and wear it as a brooch!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL. I have that green fabric on the pincushion! I love it!

glen

Hazel said...

I'm afraid that pin cushion is too small - if I can lose the cutter/pins/air pen/quilt template etc etc despite not moving one inch from where I am working, the pin cushion wouldn't stand a chance - without a great gout of velcro to stick it to me!