Sunday 21 November 2010

A funny week!

... as in funny strange, not funny haha!  I've lived in the same house (on and off) for the last 18 nearly 19 years, and I have to say, I like it here.  So it was a sad day on Friday when my neighbours of the last 12 years moved to a new home.  They have been such lovely neighbours and it's been a delight to watch their young son grow and go to school.  We had great fun in the summer baking together, and a sunflower growing contest... such memories. 

So this change has to be marked with a gift, don't you think?  And what better than a quilt, but oh the dilemma of which one could I possibly part with!



We decided on this one

I spent the weekend catching up on my Bees Knees Bee blocks. 


September Cobweb blocks for Marlene

October Improv Fishy blocks for Lynette. 

Not a lot else been going on, though there are signs of some Medlar Jelly in process  :) 

Oh, and a little more progress in the garden ...



Roll on January !

I hope you've all had a productive weekend,
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Lynz said...

Our fabulous neighbours of 6 years have their house up for sale and we're so sad to see them go - I can't imagine what it must be like to lose them after 12 years!! What a lovely gift you have given them - so generous. Not to mention beautiful!!

Barb said...

Your friend will just love the quilt.

Like all of the projects you have going on.

QuiltSue said...

It's always sad when neighbours who became friends move, I do hope the replacements will turn out to be just as good.

Julie said...

Your quilt looks beautiful even folded! I'm sure it will be treasured. I too hope you get good new neighbours.

Emma said...

What a lovely gift! We had fabulous neighbors in our last village & we moved away from them, never had such good ones since.

Make a list of all those wonderful combinations & flit from one to the other - you could always quilt a butterfly...