its time to bare all!
Leanne of She Can Quilt is hosting the Finish-A-Long this year, and its time for me to declare my UFO's I intend to finish in the next 3 months
Now, unlike some, and others, I am not going to list absolutely every UFO I have, to be frank I think you'd be overwhelmed and embarrassed on my behalf and I don't want to do that to you,
so in the interest of public safety I have whittled my list down to these ...
1. #scrappytripalong - to be fair, I am not feeling the love for this, shock horror, I thought I'd get that in straight away!
I just need to sew the binding down, and to be honest, its not something I've been rushing around to get done, I've already started something else in my head and left this aside!
2. Ab Fab Free Bees Round Robin for Lynz
I should have finished this way back in August, it got to me late, but September should have been it! I stared at it for the longest time, then had an idea, then waited for fabric and there it sits goading me! so I need to add to this, make a sigi block and write my confessions in Lynz's hand made journal.
3. Brit Bee LynnBob Quilt - this is from the first round of the Brit Bee last year, and I was first, which also means, I've already got my blocks for the second round, but we'll save that one for another quarter eh?
I have 22 blocks, I need to make a further 3, piece the top and get it quilted!
4. Big Vintage Modern Stars Quilt
its a top, at least, and that's how it's stayed, I have the backing, I have some spare blocks, I just need to piece the back, its a bit of a monster, and quilt and finish it!
5. Christmas Quilt - I started this one just before Christmas, but just ran out of time and steam, I don't want it to sit around for the rest of the year and lose too much momentum.
All the pieces are cut, apart from a few background squares, only because I ran out of fabric, I was trying to do this one from stash only, but I think a visit to the LQS to see if they still have some to keep it unified. so just piecing, quilting and finishing another!
6. Big Blocks Quilt - I got this pile of fabric in the sales and I had a plan for it when I bought it, are you shocked? lol!
so, turn this pile of fabric into a quilt - easy right?
I think 6 things is manageable, 2 a month, seems achievable.
So what can go wrong? well, there are the Bee Blocks I need to keep up with, and I still owe one set. I have a couple of samplers on the go, and I need to catch up on those, and then there are the customer quilts, I have a several in the pipeline, and a commission quilt I need to move to done, but I don't think these fit in the FAL rules. so it's going to be a challenge, and I hope I can get myself organised enough to complete it all!
wish me luck, I think I need it!