Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday Sitrep

I've been absent, I'm sorry, LIFE ... nuff said!

But I did get my Mouth Stitches Pouch made for my swap partner ...


I even managed a wee pocket inside


I'm pleased with how well the sip ends went, thanks to a great tip by Susan  :) 


and I took a little inspiration from Hadley with some hardware


I hope my partner like it,  I'm rather taken with it myself!


and in true swap fashion, I've been thinking extras, and these scraps from my Made in Cherry quilt could be just the ticket, despite being ticket sized (about 4 1/2" x 2 1/4" - 3" ish) 

Would you be happy to get scraps that size? 
I have some more to go with these, but these do come as a collection

I also got to do some work on the Ab Fab Free Bees round robin for this month ...


I chose a block from one of the 100 blocks magazines ...


a bit of a border or two and some applique ...


but this one is still speaking to me, as much as I am ready to send it on to Lynz in the morning, I may have to hold off a little , though the way life is, it could be just quicker to post it!

I've been doing a little more cutting, but not on anything I should have been working on ...


I've been staring at this little bundle that was a Moda Scrap Bag of Verna ...  it's been goading me for a while ... more on that in the week

and I got the block for the Pea Room BOM made ready for the meeting tomorrow night ...


Phew...  it was a productive weekend! 

Exactly what I needed to put everything back into balance and perspective ...

Hope you've all had a creatively focused weekend too!

happy quilting!

12 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Looks like it was a VERY productive weekend. And yes, you know me....I would love a bunch of scraps like that! LOL>

glen

Manda said...

Looks like you have been busy! Love the pouch!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

All looking wonderful - and Echo scraps! Wowza x

Judith, Belfast said...

Love that pouch! Any fabric is a bonus to me! Your blocks are v.striking too. A v.productive w/e I'd say. Jxo

Canadian Abroad said...

You have been busy and I would love to get that pouch from you!! Please! Pretty please - who's your swap mama, I have influence!!

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

Your pouch looks very pretty and I love your Bee block and your Pea Room (?) block too :)

Katy Cameron said...

Whew, you were super busy! Love the pouch and the Echo scraps (although I'm completely taken with Echo in general, so perhaps don't just take my word for it lol) Great blocks too!

Sarah said...

Oooh perfect zipper ends... lovely pouch! All lovely stuff tho, naturally :-)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love your pouch - those zip ends are perfect!! I love your blocks too!

Nicky said...

Ok hand it over your sweet rainy day pouch and your Echo scraps or your life! This is a virtual heist! hehe!

Sparky said...

What a productive weekend...Sometime,the small projects take longer...don't you think?

Kim said...

adorable stuff happening in your sewing room :0)
great fabrics too........
Happy sewing!