Sunday 12 July 2009

Sunday Evening

Saturday I spent cutting, this is from a jelly roll made up by my LQS, and will turn into, I'm sure, a really pretty quilt from a recent book I purchased thanks to Magnolia Bay Quilt Blog. I also got the blue strips trimmed down to all the right sizes for the planned pattern. I even stripped and squared up the scraps and they have even made it to the storage boxes. Good eh?I also liberated my orange,pink and umber batiks, I'm not sure which pattern they are for yet, but the pile of fabric is much smaller now. I got sidetracked by a pattern currently on Moda Bake Shop, I have my charm packs laid out ready for sew together.


I started the quilting on the Amy Butler quilt, and today I finished it. I also got the binding made and sewn on ready to be hand sewn down on the back.

A busy weekend, that actually felt very relaxing. I even managed a few domestic goddess chores too. How good is that! (The late evening sunshine was a welcome bonus)

Happy Quilting! :o)

3 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

Love those colours and you've been soooo busy! I'm up to my eyes in the garden at the mo, what a delight to have a whole meal gathered from our own soil :) does mean the other sort of sewing has to take a place on the back burner - still got a brain buzzing with ideas though!!

QuiltSue said...

How weird - I KNOW I posted yesterday, but I've disappeared!

I said I thought you'd had a really busy weekend (I shall totally ignore the domestic goddess bits,(gg), I wondered which pattern you're doing from Kim's book, and I also said I loved the pink, orange and umber fabrics. Are they destined to become a quilt soon, or were you just playing then?

Unknown said...

Trudi your quilts look awesome! What did you have done to your back? I had spinal fusion surgery in January 08. I feel much better now! By the way, this is Lynn aka A Plus Quilt Shop!