Wednesday 24 December 2014

Just in case you hadn't heard ....

one of the reasons I have been absent, is that the quilting business has been really busy. 

I was thrilled to be asked way back in the summer to put some time aside for my lovely friend Katy for some secret stuff.  

Turns out it was quite a big deal, and I am so proud to have done my bit to help her take her new line of fabrics Priory Square for Art Gallery Fabrics to Quilt Market! 

So I just did the quilting, and the brief as always, was just a simple all over.
But this was for Market!  Really, the world and his wife was going to be there! 

So, this is what I did ...





the big quilt, well, it was all about the fabrics, so they never got quilted, but I made sure the quilting made them stand out with really tight little feather swirls in the background. 

I stuck with the theme, I know Katy loves feathers, and when this one arrived...


I just knew that a big feather heart would be perfect!


It was so much more visible from the back, and I am thrilled that it is also visible in the Look Book too!

There was also a small baby quilt ...


and the Voile in the center ....  oh so very soft!

The other news I had was there was to be a thread collection with Aurifil too! 

So I rustled up a cushion to go with the big quilt.


Thanks to Jacqui at Hantex for sending me fabrics so I could finish it off!

I also was asked by Jacqui to do a banner of some sort for Katy's booth
I was sent the marketing images to go from. 

So in true last minute style I decided to go big or go home, 

I printed the main image out onto fabric sheets, but poster size, instead of the A4 image I had 
joined up the sheets


loaded her up and quilted the heck out of her!



its hard to see, but those really are tiny little feather swirls


I put an invisible binding on the quilt to finish it off right at the edge of the print


This was a total surprise for Katy she had no idea I was doing this, and I have to say, I was the proudest person in the world to see photos of my little piece of Priory Square showing up on Instagram during Market.  

Another of those moments where you know you stepped up and did good! 

you can read all about Katy's Market experience here and here

If you don't have any Priory Square yet, you really do need some in your life.  its now available in the UK shops, Simply Solids, The Village Haberdashery, Plush Addict to name but a few!

I hope its on your Christmas list!

This is not a sponsored blog post, it is purely me, loving what my friend does, and happy to be a small part of it :)




13 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

Your quilting is stunning, as always Troods! And Katy's fabrics are lovely too! Have a lovely Christmas, Jxo

QuiltSue said...

Beautiful quilting Trudi. I hope you hve a great Christmas.

Sheila said...

Am totally speechless, such beautiful quilting. Hope you manage to relax now & have a super Christmas.xx

Leanne said...

I love your quilting and I am so glad to see more of it. You sure made Katy's debut even more lovely, she is luck to have had your assistance.

Sarah said...

I love that the world and his wife got to see your amazing quilting on Katy's gorgeous fabric collection. Your panel with her collection logo was truly inspired. I really love that you don't do half measures - you continue to amaze and inspire me! Xx

Lynz said...

"all over stipple"?!?! That was never happening, was it? *g* Beautiful work as ever, Trood. And I finally got myself some half yards of Priory Square just this morning - yay!!

myBearpaw said...

Gorgeous stuff Trudi!! You are the quilting maestro and you're right I do really need to get some of that fabric!!!

QuiltCandy said...

Oh what a fantastic job you did Trudi, you really made those gorgeous quilts come to life. You should be very proud to see your work at Market! I was the lucky recipient of some Priory Square for Chrismtas, and I have to say, it is completely beautiful. I'm looking forward to stitching with it.

Catherine said...

Amazing quilting Trudi and I am so glad that so many people got to see it

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Your quilting is beautiful as always! I'm sure Katy was proud of punch to have it showcased in her booth :)

Sarah said...

Beautiful quilting! What a lovely friend you are helping Katy out. I think many would have admired your work at Quilt Market.

EcuQuilt said...

amazing quilting!
I am just starting to learn my long arm, so let me visit you for inspiration.

Happy new year!

moira said...

Brava!