Tuesday 2 August 2011

12 Days 12 projects - the final chapter

Day 11 (Monday)

Not much happened, with commitments through the day, that then ran into the evening as well, I did manage to start laying out the Sunkissed blocks  ....


Day 12 (Tuesday)

So today, I had a lovely visitor, I also went to the hospital to bring Jean home too.  These things always take so much longer than they should, but it's good to know she is home (for now)

and I finished piecing all the Sunkissed blocks together ...


just borders to add ...


which won't take too long as I have the fabrics ready ...

I also managed another pair of 36 patch blocks ...


to add to my growing collection ...


10 down, 62 to go! 

So 12 days 12 projects, hmm, as much as it was possible, it's fair to say, life just got in the way this last week!

however, I did ...

add borders to Jeans Quilt
Quilt said quilt
Add binding too  (not on the original plan)
Caught up on my Sassy Christmas stars
Caught up on the Brit Mystery quilt
Pieced the Kaleidoscope quilt
Pieced the Sunkissed quilt
Planted out 120+ leeks
Made Blackberry jam
Made Rhubarb Chutney
Baked 3 cakes and a batch of choc chip cookies
And started another quilting project!

Not bad, not quite what I had envisioned, but quite an achievement in itself.

Back to work in the morning, so in the mean time ...

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

Manda said...

Seems like a productive week to me! Love how your sunkissed quilt is shaping up :)

Sarah said...

oh Trudi you still got a hell of a lot done! And I love the look of that sunkissed... :-)

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

De

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Definitely a very busy and productive week. Love the 36 patch blocks. A great use for scrappy pieces !!

Shannon said...

You may not have completed ALL of your goal but you still got A LOT done. I am amazed. I have had fun following your progress.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Time to pop the Super Knicks in the wash and get back to 'work'!

You did brilliantly!

QuiltSue said...

By my reckoning there's 12 things on your achieved list, so even if they weren't the original 12 that's a lot. That's not including things like haircuts, dentists and uniform shopping either. I should think you're looking forward to going back to work for a rest!

I hope your friend Jean is OK?

Judith, Belfast said...

You certainly achieved a lot misses, be v.proud. Jxo

Lis Harwood said...

Back to work for a rest!

Unknown said...

Hi Trudi - coming out of lurkdom to say that I'm inspired by your prolific-ness (!) I've nominated you for the Most Versatile Quilt Award - see http://linseed-helicopter.blogspot.com/

Sheila said...

That seemed like a very quick hol.