Friday 6 February 2015

making progress

I've not been slacking,  
I have been chipping away at one of my wips


Borders were added


Backing fabric chosen from stash


and then there were several days (read as evenings after work) of quilting


Binding is attached and I just need to find the time to stitch it down, you know, in those quiet evenings in front of the tv,  (when I'm not in my studio working on deadline stuff)

It feels good to be able to share some of my own creativity with you. 
I'll try to keep it up!  At least the finish is in sight :)

10 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

this one is stunning, is it destined for a bed or in the pile of quilts

celkalee said...

this is beautiful, the blue border makes the rest of the design just pop.

Leila said...

Beautiful quilting! It really accentuates the blocks without being over the top.

heart of charnwood said...

Looks fab, we're all finishing off wip's, which is great, good luck with the binding :o)

Judith, Belfast said...

Love those kaleidoscope shapes! Jxo

Leanne said...

I love kaleidoscopes, nice to see yours with such fantastic quilting. I hope you get that binding on for that quiet stitching.

Katy Cameron said...

Looking forward to seeing more of this

Annabella said...

Looks gorgeous!!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's fabulous!

maria said...

Beautiful quilting. I'm visiting from Lily's quilts where I saw your comment on Mary's Siblings Together post, I'm involved in the ST quilting group. It's great to read you would like to be involved.