Friday 31 October 2014

A finish at least!

I have so much to catch up with for blogging

But at least I can show you a finish.  

Remember this from my FAL list?
I know, its only been on there all year!


( Know that because that fabric loaded on the long arm was the first fabric loaded up on it when it arrived back in January!)

 I first started this quilt way back, on my very first visit to Lynne's, and finished the blocks in July 2011!

Anyway, back in September, in between customer quilts and before the teaching started back, I hunted down a suitable backing and loaded it up for a little 
special me time!


look, all fancy rulers and everything! 


and this Aurifl 2026 was just perfect for those soft buttery yellows

so before I went off to the Brit Bee Retreat, I found fabric from my stash, lets face it, thats not difficult, and I may still have a good selection of Sunkissed by Moda in there, and I got this baby to the point of hand stitching the binding down.


so I could sit, listen to all the chatter, eat cake, because its never a retreat without cake!
And finished this baby off!



And I love it!

So there you have it, 2 blog posts in a row after a noticeable absence!
Lets see if I can catch up on few other things that have been happening too!
Keep your eyes peeled!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. I now have some fancy rulers too, and am just waiting for a chance to try them out. Your quilting is beautiful.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous Trudi

Sheila said...

A gorgeous quilt Trudi - didn't realise your left arm was so long............

Wendy said...

It's fab Trudi. I love that line of fabric - I used it for my first ever quilt!

Catrin Lewis said...

Yet another beauty x

QuiltSue said...

That is just beautiful Trudi. The quilting, as always, looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty quilt! Love the colors!