Tuesday 29 October 2013

Brit Bee - Round 3!

I am so happy to be a member of one of the best Bees out there,
Over the last two and a half years, we have been through many crisis, celebrations, and much happiness, fun and frivolity together, I am blessed to call these ladies my friends indeed!

so as we start our third year, we have a new member Di, as Terri has stepped down from active stitching duty, but not from fun and frivolity, oh no! 
Long may fun and frivolity be at the heart of Brit Bee!

right back to this year, I've chosen some fabrics ...


based, sort of, on these ...


and set too in making a plan ...


I took the time to plan my colour layout, so that when it came to the piecing it could be as straight forward as possible.  it also meant I could plan my cutting, and got all that done before any of the piecing commenced


and commence it did ...


so over a couple of days I managed to get the center pieced


the next dilemma was how to get it into a square


I went for the easy option, and appliqued the circle to the background fabric,
then I cut away the bulk of the back and pulled out the papers


and before long, borders were chosen, cut and sewn


so normally, I would have this whipped up in no time,
but it has taken me about 5 days to get this far, thanks to being somewhat under the weather,
I really haven't had the energy or the inclination to sew

but this has to be done and received before the end of the month and time is running out

so yesterday I sat down in the peace and quiet whilst the Diva was at college 
and stitched into my Sigi block


Aurifil 12 wt was a dream to stitch with, I even managed a proper french knot!

and now this little block starts a new adventure 


14 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the idea of your medallion quilt round for this Bee year. Is everyone adding to a preprepared siggy block then? That's a very cool plan. Great fabric selections and stunning centre star too.

QuiltSue said...

That looks beautiful Trudi. I love the colours you used.

Canadian Abroad said...

Your star stuns me. I am going to hate you for a brief moment when I see it up close and personal. And feel very inadequate. But then I will instantly love you again, because I do.

Sarah said...

Its proper lovely Trudi, really. Pretty colours too!

heart of charnwood said...

Beautiful, i love it!

Di said...

Well there are stars and then there are stars! You are definitely a clever star - fantastic block. Di x

Di said...

Well there are stars and then there are stars! You are definitely a clever star - fantastic block. Di x

Katy Cameron said...

Absolutely fabulous :o)

Judith, Belfast said...

Oh I hope I do it justice when it's my turn!Jxo

Catherine said...

What a fabulous block Trudi

Cindy said...

Now that's a stunner of a start, Trudi. I love watching your bee...can't wait to see how this grows!

Nicky said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours and the piecing is divine. You have set the bar high Trudi!

Carla said...

It's very pretty!

Wendy said...

your star is stunning!