Saturday 30 March 2013

Absent

... through no fault of my own, I've been a little absent,

you see I've had this lurgie, you know the one, flu like symptoms, cough, head from hell, bedridden, 
but I persevered and went to work, like a stupid woman that I am!

I tried quilting, but I only have to go and unpick that now, 

so yesterday I felt like I just had a head cold, so I ventured out to the bottom of the garden
if only to stroke fabric,

and in my search for just the right Amy Butler fabric for a friend  I happened upon a UFO languishing in a box, all ready to play with!



and what do you know ... behold ... another top now ready for quilting!


and look closely, you see one empty box too!
and a book ready to return to the shelf!

well, lets face it, when you still feel crap after a whole week of it, a little mindless sewing of 16 blocks and a border is just the ticket!  

Actually I'm thrilled I could even sew!

and then I decided I should catch up on some of the Quick Curve Ruler blocks too ...

#

I was challenged, to say the least, these rail fences did not want to play nicely!


and the prospect of more curves today was just too much.

so I opted for some simple Broken dishes blocks as a trial run for a commission I really must finish soon!


I really rather like these!

today the postman called, with the centre fabric that is supposed to be for my Christmas quilt that is on my FAL Q1 list, 


sadly, it is not what I thought, but I have decided to go ahead and use it anyway in the interest of getting the damn thing done, so the rest of the cutting is now complete at least = progress

but, as the lurgie still insists on being a body snatcher, I.m back under 3 quilts and the duvet 


in the vein hope it will be gone and I can feel human again, with a little more energy,
after all, it cant stay here forever, surely!

And I do need to get on with 'the list' rather than just fannying about stroking and playing with fabric!


28 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Urgh, hope you're feeling better soon! You did well with your sewing though :o)

Nicky said...

Get well Trudi! Great effort on the bits you did get done but give yourself a break!

Kathleen said...

Been there - you feel crap but still need to do something with your hands :) Love the blocks, esp the curves - well done you with your ill mashed head! Lots of rest, if you can, and manuka honey xx

tink's mom said...

Wishing you a good nights sleep and a peppy tomorrow. Hope you are fully recovered soon.

Carla said...

I love your new quilt top. Looks jelly roll friendly ; )

Leanne said...

I sure hope you get better, when you make such lovely things while sick, think of what will happen when you are feeling great.

Fran said...

Fabulous quilt top!

Catherine said...

I hope you feel better soon Trudi. I love those Amy Butler fabrics, great quilt top

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

Feel better soon Trudi x

Canadian Abroad said...

Those germs have been resident far too long. Stay under the multiple quilts until you are better! Please.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear you are poorly. Hope that you fight of those bugs very soon. You do find some amazing things at the bottom of your garden!

Annabella said...

Poor Trudi :( Hibernate under those quilts until all cooking and cleaning has been done. Doc's orders :( BTW, I'm not really a doctor, I'm just pretending shhhh.

heart of charnwood said...

Hope you bounce back quickly, i know the feeling, after a week or feeling rubbish I have all of the energy of an anorexic gnat too! :o)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I agree with Susan - stay under quilts until you're all better!
P.S. I love your latest quilt top!

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Great finish Trudi! Hope you feel better soon :)

Judith, Belfast said...

Ah T, so sorry you've been poorly! Stubborn germs! Stroking fabric (next to buying fabric!) is the best therapy! Love the AB blocks - do you have a pattern? Jxo

Wendy said...

oh no, sorry to hear you've got the lurgy, it really is horrible.

Love that quilt top and the curved blocks are just fabulous

Pam said...

Sometimes fannying about is the best course of action, and stroking and looking at fabric is both soothing to the soul and food for the imagination. Get well soon.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I had a similar thing but we just stepped off the plane on vacation In Las Vegas, where when you are throwing up in the hallways of the hotel they think you are drunk!!!! And at that point I really didn't care!

Hope u feel better soon!

Di said...

It is a killer type of lurgy around here! You did well getting to work. A bit of sewing means that you must be feeling a little better. Take care and keep warm. Di x

Michelle said...

Feel better soon! Your projects are absolutely gorgeous.

sweetypie said...

It's a really crap lurgy isn't it,why not take a sketchbook under the duvet with you or make lists of future quilts, sounds like a severe lack of chocolate....

Second Chance Tan said...

Gosh you achieved all that while feeling poorly???? wow - and I am in awe of those curves. Now, head back under the quilt and get better soon xxxx

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

If that is poorly productive, there will be no stopping you when you feel 100% again. Hope that's soon xxx

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a wonderful show and tell; hope you're feeling better now. I need to try one of those curved strip rulers, the results are stunning.

Cindy said...

Tell me more about that first quilt. What kind of block is that?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

So sorry to hear you've been unwell. It sounds like a really nasty bug! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Marianne said...

Sorry to hear you were sick. At least I'm not the only one who gets nothing done when sick. I love the quilt you came up with. Hope you are better from now on.