Friday 29 June 2012

In the frame

For those of you not already in the swap, I signed up for the 'In the Frame Purse Swap' on Flickr

and this is my inspirational mosaic for my partner ...


following the success and whirlwind (not quite right word for this location right now - tornado in Lincolnshire) of the Purse classes run by the talented and inspirational Katy at the FQR, this swap is just the tonic to feed those desires for something pretty ...

don't ya think? 

So, using all my experience of making one whole purse, Di of Willowbeck Designs came over earlier this week to get a few clues on how to make one....

and some lunch, cake and whole lot a laughing too!


so the practice went well, apart from not following instructions, doing it all wrong - ish, it actually turned out pretty well ...


in fact, I really DO like this one, I might just have to use it myself, esepcially as the Diva definitely hasn't bagged it!

There are one or two other swaps I signed up to, but more on those another day.

Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love this purse - definitely a keeper!!

Catherine said...

Di was telling me what a great day she had had at yours. Love that purse

Katy Cameron said...

Laughter and cake? Shocking behaviour... Think you may need to use this purse too!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yep, I'd keep it!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous purse, trudi. Laughing with Di, I'd never believe it ;-)

Hope you are safe in tornado.

Sarah said...

Sounds like you and Di had a great time! Purse lessons paid off too :-)

Leanne said...

I love that you did not follow the instructions and did it all wrong, perfect way to show Di! It is lovely, I am going to have to figure out how to make these too one day.

Cindy said...

I love, love, love the green fabric you used with the pop of pink on the lining. Great choices!

Nicky said...

I taught my friend badly as I wasn't paying enough attention but it all ended well! Keep it and make some others!

Judith, Belfast said...

Oh well done you two for getting anything done!! Gorgeous fabrics. jxo