Saturday 31 March 2012

Giving something back ...

If you haven't heard about Siblings Together before now, they are a charity that bring siblings that are separated by the care system together for summer camps.  Lynne of Lily's Quilts has put a call out for quilts so that each child can take home a quilt of their own from camp this summer.  You can read all about here for starters, there are several more posts too, so take your time  ...


I volunteered to make a quilt or two, and also for those that don't have time to make a whole quilt, I'll happily receive Granny Square blocks to be put together into quilts too.  There's a Flickr group if your interest in helping too ...


so to start with I needed to play a little and what better than a little stash shopping! 
This charm pack is just perfect and will make a lap size quilt for starters


I made good progress, once my visitor had been, but then I got to thinking a bit more ...

I know, it's dangerous!


and I'd had these earmarked for something else, but it just wasn't making me happy ...

but they look lovely like this


don't ya think! 

I'm really liking this ... expect to see more!

Speaking of more, as long as the sun makes an appearance tomorrow, even the briefest peak of sunshine will do ... I plan to have a finish for you :)

Happy Quilting!




6 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

All looking great!

Sarah said...

Oooh more playing with your curvy ruler :-) This'll be fab!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Sun's out here!!!!!

Sheila said...

Loving those curves, and the sun is out here too.

Judith, Belfast said...

Fabulous granny squares T! We have the sun, hope you get it too! Jxo

Kritta22 said...

What are you gonna do with the curves??!