Saturday 11 February 2012

Christmas Quilt Along! Ooooops

Ooops, it completely slipped my mind, till I read Sue's blog this morning, well, more like lunchtime

by which time I was already committed to some other, hmm, chores?!


like trim and get the binding sewn onto this ...  check!

make the backing and load up the Made in Cherry quilt ...


... check!

Make a start on my Mouthy Stitches pouch ...


well I got this far! ...  I'll take that as a check!

find an additional fabric to go with these ...


for the Stained QAL ... dilemma ensues ...

And I SHOULD have been working on doing the block for the Ab Fab Free Bees round robin,  and I did get my fabrics out, press the block and have a plan in my mind ....

but what I really wanted to do was play with a new toy

and who can resist the pull of a new toy right? 


it did not take long to get fabrics cut and frantic sewing to commence ...


Thanks to Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful, I now have a nice shiny new ruler...



and in preparation for Christmas, I now have a table runner ready for quilting and finishing!


the colours are really off, but this was so quick to do, so whilst I am late to the party, for which I apologise, profusely,  I have made a good start  :)

So having spent most of the day in the studio, toasty warm, despite the -3 C outside, I've also made it up to himself, cooked salmon en croute courtesy of Marks & Spencer, that might be enough to get me back into the good books :) 

Hope you've all had a good day, don't forget to pop over to Hazel's  who is hosting the Christmas Quilt Along today and see what everyone else has been up to, there's a bit of a linky party going on ! 

Happy Quilting!



15 comments:

Lynn said...

You had a very productive day Trudi. I love the tablerunner!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love that table runner - super pattern and just love the colors.

merumo said...

Fun day you had!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Now I definitely feel guilty for not sewing anything today!

Canadian Abroad said...

Christmas?! Well you are obviously way ahead of me. And everything looks so incredible, including that table runner. And I can't wait to see Made in Cherry finished!

Sarah said...

Incredible... Great table runner, your curves are lovely ;-)

Katy Cameron said...

Well at least you'll be set for next Christmas lol. Love the curves :o)

Lesley said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful day! That ruler is new to me and I love the tablerunner you made with it.

QuiltSue said...

Welcome to the party. You really did have a busy day and I love the runner. Might just have to go and have a look at that ruler now!

Sheila said...

Your nlooks great altho you are knocking me stupid with talk of Christmas!!

Judith, Belfast said...

Love your table runner T! Maybe I need to invest in one of those rulers to overcome my loathing of working with curves! Jxo

Rhonda the Rambler said...

So many cute projects in the works. It is a bit like going into my sewing room...a bit of this and a bit of that...oh look another pretty project to start. LOL

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the table runner but do you have to mention the C word already?!! Can't wait to see how you quilt your Cherry star!

Karen said...

The curved design is very interesting. I have never seen one like that.

Hazel said...

Thank you for coming to the Christmas QAL party Trudi (even if you were LATE! LOL!) That runner is lovely - and I have no idea what your Mouthy Stiches pouches are, so I look forward to seeing how that turns out!

See you over at Joanna's in March!