Monday 22 August 2011

Must be Mad Monday!

Well, you'd think so .... my day went a bit like this ...

Morning...

I finished quilting my Arcadia Hexi Park which was loaded up on the frame before Festival


I'm really pleased with this quilt 


rather than doing an all over pattern I chose to be very specific with the quilting


Feathers in the squares


and penguin feathers in the hexi's


the back shows the texture left by the quilting


Afternoon...

The twins got a clean, brush up and oil


oh, and they got to meet each other too!  :) 

Evening ...

I loaded up this top, which is to be a tablecloth


and gave it a quick meander all over


with Rainbows Allspice  ... magic thread!
this top belongs to a freind  :) 

The frame is clear again ready for a special (sssshhhhh, it's a secret) job!

and I headed down to the allotment to do a little harvesting


don't want these spoiling in the rain ...

I also came home with a kilo of french beans!  The usual  half a dozen courgettes and red onions too.
Hmm, I see some blanching in my immediate future!

in the mean time ...

Happy Quilting!



14 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I totally love what you've done with your hair - I mean, Hexagon Park!

Think I am getting rather excited now ;)

Sarah said...

Oooh project 51 is next? Yay!! mouthwatering berries :-)

Contented Caroline said...

Loving the Arcadia Park quilt - mind if i ask where you got the pattern from?

QuiltSue said...

I love the quilt. The twins look very happy together, and my mouth is watering at the sight of those berries.

Judith, Belfast said...

What a productive day! Love the feathery quilting. Getting v.excited about you know what (whispering!). Jxo

Lis Harwood said...

Thanks for the picture of the back of that quilt, it looks so textural and gorgeous. Yummy berries :)

Unknown said...

Quilting on Arcadia looks amazing Tru! Could it be P51's turn next???! P.S. When are we hanging out next?!

Emma said...

Two Juki's???? How come??? Quilt looks great. Really jealous about FOQ, but holiday in Italy was wonderful too so I suppose I can't really complain - but I will!

Nicky said...

Great quilting - brings those projects alive!

What a productive days you have had!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I love this version of Hexagon Park soooooo much and I wish I could quilt like that!!!

MishMashMama said...

Hey Trudi!
Just popped in to say what amazing quilting you've done! I'm so pleased I saw it up front at the show. The most intricate quilting I've ever done is "writing" names and dates into quilt blocks as I quilt them. You take the cake! Well done you.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Juki...meet Juki! The quilting on hexie park is amazing and I love the texture on the back - you're so talented!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

wanna talk about busy? i think you take the cake! :)

great quilts and yummy berries!

Chris said...

I love how you quilted the hex quilt! and so beautifully too!