Sunday 21 August 2011

Lazy Summer Sunday

There's something rather decadent about a lazy summer Sunday.  A lay in, a slow start to the day, pottering along ... I did make 3 pints of passatta...

yesterday I got my August Brit Bee blocks finished for Sarah (Miss August) of Narcoleptic in the Cupboard


Sarah has said she will be sashing the blocks with black, so I wanted this cross block to float



and she's partial to curves too  :)

I really enjoyed making these blocks, I started them before I went off to Festival, time to play a little catch up now  :) 

Today I pottered with a little quilting of my Hexi Park quilt, which again, was loaded up before I left for Festival 


I'm really pleased with how it is going


particularly this curvy curly  pattern 

I've got plenty to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks

Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Good going!

Canadian Abroad said...

A lay in and a slow start. You so deserved that after last week. Loving the hexie quilting too!

Sheila said...

Very impressive quilting.

Sarah said...

Trudi, the blocks are fabulous! Thank you! Dont suppose you'd do my quilting too?!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovely blocks for Sarah, andthe quilting swirls are great

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh those crosses are magnificant!

And those geese, those geese!

glenL and the quilting, oh, do you do anything BADLY?

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love the blocks for Sarah - the crosses are going to look great with black sashing, what a good idea! Your quilting is very impressive!

QuiltSue said...

What a fabulous quilting design, and the colours of the quilt look lovely and fresh, just like a perfect summer day.

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

Your quilting is amazing! and so are Sarah's blocks - well done!

Judith, Belfast said...

That quilting is stunning! Jxo

sweetypie said...

no change there then....

Leanne said...

I really love those two blocks you made for Sarah!