Tuesday 16 August 2011

Festival of Quilts

Well, what can I say, other than it was a GREAT Festival of Quilts!

oh ....and I'm a little pooped!


I was demonstrating on the New English Quilter stand with Martha and her daughter Emily


I realise we didn't get a group photo, as we also had Anne demonstrating on the Art Quilter frame too.   A very talented lady who is soon to release a DVD of her own, you can see a trailer of it here.

I was extremely lucky to meet up with some of the Brit Bee ladies ...


Judith of Needles and Lemons, Terri and myself, photo kindly taken by the visiting head of Juki Europe!


Susan from Canadian Abroad and me :) 

And I also met Hazel too who blogs here and here!


Of course I did manage to get out and about for a little meet and greet myself, which may or may not have included one or two purchases ....

 

Anne and her hubby from Quilt Essentials ....


from whence these lovelies came home with me!

And of course the wonderful Mandy of Simply Solids, who I visited every day, as promised ...


I'm afraid I couldn't possibly repeat what led to this photo! 

But I did find some fabulous finds on Mandy's stand ...

yes, Chartreuse!  Well, what did you expect!

No trip for fabric would be complete without a little spree at Doughty's ...

so two backings and a almost a bolt's worth of white on white, I'm ready to go again!

And no self respecting quilter would leave without some thread....


Superior Kimono Silk and Superior Rainbows both from Martha


And these lovely Valdani threads were from Sarah at Crafty Notions.   I highly recommend them, they hold stocks of all sorts of interesting crafting materials, and Sarah's books are great!

I also stocked up on some Aurifil Mako 50 weight for piecing (my fave for this job) 


And I must confess to these babies that were ordered before Festival and arrived today ...

I have something special in mind!

And that's all without the quilts, or the workshops and Masterclass I did!  I'll be back!

Happy Quilting!



12 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yay!!! Love the pics, especially of the 'ladies'!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like it was a good time!

Can I ask where you get your big spools of Aurifil?

Canadian Abroad said...

Glad to see you're still standing. Great photos and purchases.

Manda said...

Why do you always buy the pretty fabrics I am coveting from the US?!! lol can't wait to see what you make with them! :)

I'm not surprised your tired after FoQ, I was falling asleep on the way home after just a day! Looks like you had a fab time with some great purchasing! I did spot you at one point on the stand but you were busy showing ppl that magical quilting frame (that I want one day lol!) and I never got round to coming back. The day flew! One day isn't long enough :)

Look forward to seeing what you got up to in your classes!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

love your fabric haul, most scrumptious! and so sorry to miss you...definitely next time x

QuiltSue said...

So you quite enjoyed yourself then?

You bought some lovely "stuff" too.

Sarah said...

Great photos! Soooo hope I get to go next year! Looks like you had a brilliant time :-)

Sheila said...

Phew! It's a couple of years since I visited but you sum up the experience in a nutshell.

Unknown said...

Looking good there Trudi! Fabulous fabric haul :-) I may have mentioned it before, but I'm more than a little jealous you got to meet up with the crew!

Superior Threads said...

Thank you so much for the quilt show tour. I love your fabric finds. And, thank you for purchasing Rainbows and Kimono Silk. Great choices!!

Ricci

Judith, Belfast said...

How lovely to see our Bee ladies! What a lot of lovely goodies you have taken home with you. So glad it all went well. Jxo

Hazel said...

That's me! That's me! Had a fabbo time at the FoQ - SO lovely to meet you, Trudi! :)

I told you that I would be the one with the eyes like saucers!

Loved the machine quilting kit!! Couldn't believe it was so easy to write my name for posterity! Can you email me the pic when you have a mo for the blog? Otherwise I might not believe it myself!!