Sunday 31 July 2011

12 Days - Days 9 and 10

Day 9 (Saturday) - no productive sewing done at all!  We had a lazy morning (my beau and I)  and then I spent a leisurely couple of hours down the allotment planting spring cabbage and kale.  I also lifted the onions, and came home with a bucket full of booty!  Mmmm delicious! 

Day 10 - Sunday.  Aaaah, exhale, that's better  :)  I worked on the Brit Mystery quilt along,  I was still a couple of weeks behind...

Block #6 - Clays Choice


Friendship Star variation...


add a few plaits, some fussy cut fabrics and a 'chunk' of quilt is completed ...


I thought I was all caught up, but it appears I should have made 2 of those friendship star variations, so I'll get right on top of that one in the morning  :) 

Whilst I was piecing today I used the 16 patch as leaders and enders ...


I actually got 4 blocks made today, but forgot to take pictures of the first 2 - oops
(note to self - must try harder!)

So, a good day :)

Tomorrow? Well I have a teaching session in the morning and a meeting of the Many Jeans quilt group in the afternoon. I will do my best to work productively on those Sunkissed blocks.

Happy Quilting!
 

4 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

Your mystery blocks are looking gorgeous together. Well done for managing a leisurely day! Jxo

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

lovely creative stuff. Isn't the 16 patch really a 36 patch?

Sarah said...

Your blocks look great, and I'm delighted to hear you took some time to laze too!!

sweetypie said...

lazy,lazy,lazy!...get back to the saltmines immediately!!!