Tuesday 5 April 2011

Meeting myself coming back...

... well I'm not surprised really, it's been a little hectic, good news is my Mum will be back home tomorrow. 

So, during the quiet time on Sunday I decided to ring the changes of the season with a change of eye candy in the studio...

... a bit of spring breeze ...

And peeking out there is my version Amanda Jeans' Filmstrip.

I've had several questions about the studio, so I thought I'd give you all a quick update, as you can see, it's well and truly moved into, UFOs and all ...

I like to work on several projects at a time, and the tables allow me to spread a little too much I think!

I'm still to sort out that design wall...

... but on the whole, I love it in here, and have never been more happy creating.  Thank you all for your encouragement. 

Later on Sunday, the light changed ....


and the heavens opened...

and then mother nature did her best!

On Monday I had a wonderful surprise, these gorgeous mug rugs arrived from Colette.  They had originally been sent out in November 2010!  Yep, they came here (via a neighbour), went back again, and finally arrived to me this week.  Aren't they beautiful!


And I forgot to tell you (or did I?  It's been so busy lately)  my Juki decided to have a little hissy fit, nothing too serious, but enough to need a little trip to the engineer - in Kings Lynn!  Not local!

Well I picked her up yesterday (was that Monday?) and promptly quilted this for a friend.  Poor little quilt had been on the frame since the machine threw it's teddies out the cot!

and the back gives you a better idea of the quilting...


And today, I finally went and did some stitching!  yes, really, real stitching!  I got the centre sewn into this Dresden, part of the Lily's QAL.  And then decided I wanted to see if my templates fit for the outside too.  I know, so impatient! 

And yes, it's a bit wobbly, so it got a mighty dose of steam, and then some!  I'm not normally a steamer when it comes to quilting, but this baby got steamed into submission for sure! 
Thanks for that great tip Lynne!

I was hoping to start the photo's for a bit of a Free Motion Quilting tute, but the camera decided that the battery was dead, and turned itself off!  So I just carried on and had a right old play!




So, now I'm pooped, today is the first day I've not got to the hospital, in fact it's been a lazy day that has caught up with me, so early to bed for this young lady!

in the mean time...

Happy Quilting!


9 comments:

sweetypie said...

love the heart shaped quilting and glad your mums ok.....

Brigitte said...

your quilting is beautiful, like it very much!

Lynz said...

I'm so glad Mum is getting home (for both of you!) And I live seeing your quilts hung like that! So pretty.

Connie said...

Hi, I from granny sewing room, just found your blog and all of your quilt are beautiful, i love the little applique coffe mug mat, so cute!! What kind of quilting frame do you have for your quilting and machine, you quilting is beautiful?.. I have put you on my follower list. Happy sewing!!!!!!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I am glad your mom is better and is going home. Love the studio. Nice to have a place to go to create and then just walk away from the mess for a while. Nice quilting too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the tour around the studio...makes me feel right at home as mine is in the same state of busyness :o)

Love the Dresden block..very fresh in greens!

J said...

Can I come be a fly on your wall??
You do such inspiring work -- such a pretty quilting pattern -- I think I like the back the best!!Glad your mom and your machine are doing better. Have a fun weekend --

Sparky said...

ohh Happy daize looks comfy, cozy and oh sew you. glad everything is working again and you are happy. love your mug rugs, quilting well all of it...ps love your wooly lol

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very pretty quilting. Love your dresden (green is my favorite color) and the little mug and saying are so sweet.