Monday 20 September 2010

Scrappy Mug Rug Swap

OK, so I told you I had signed up the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap over on Flikr right?  I got the details of my swap partner earlier in the month and have been secretly stalking her!

What I didn't show you yesterday was my progress with my little mug rug.  I'd got the top made and the back cut.  So today I finished it off and did the quilting.


The front

The back

Bound and ready to send :) 
(sorry about this pic the light is bad ... well, because it's dark and I couldn't wait to take pics  hehe)

And while I was at it, a little 'mini me' mug rug to go with it.


I continued to piece my leaders and enders that I started last month with the Christmas Quiltalong, and now have 20 blocks waiting to be laid out and turned into a top.


So all in all, a successful day! 

Now I must get my caught up on me Bee blocks!

Happy quilting!

3 comments:

Kim Brackett said...

Cute mug rug! And your quilting, as always, is gorgeous.

QuiltSue said...

What a gorgeous mug rug. I love the way you incorporated the flag into it - very clever. Now I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas Quiltalong Bonus quilt finished.

Lynz said...

That is a FAB rug! Actually rugs, plural! But seriously, are all those other blocks leaders and enders?!?!? Wow!! If I ever get organised I'm doing that!