Wednesday 9 June 2010

Almost ... but not quite...

I had a busy weekend away on a quilt retreat.  Great food, the hotel has just been sold and the new chef only started last week.  He made quite an impression!

Saturday afternoon tea!  (It's been a bit of a foody week!)

What you really want to know is what did I get done, isn't it  :)  Ok I won't disappoint.


I finished this little beauty off, just a minor adjustment to the border and now it's ready for quilting.  You like?  Go visit Charlie at Qubee Quilts, Three of these tops are his patterns, and he has them available on his web site


Another Qubee Quilts pattern, called Love, I have the border cut and ready to attach.  Unfortunately I didn't take the border fabric with me at the weekend.  (Ooops)  I love this pattern, it came together so easily. 


The third Qubee Quilts patterns, Prairie Stars was a great runner to make, I've just got to find the right backing fabric and this one will be done. 


This was a pile of blocks at the beginning of the weekend, they've been pressed, trimmed and squared laid out and sewn together.   This is a commission quilt for a colleague of mine.  I had planned to add a couple of borders but have since been unable to find just the right blue to finish it off.  So I'm on the hunt in my stash for more blues to do a scrappy border instead. 


I made a start on my Bees Knees VQB blocks, I need to finish these and get them in the mail.

All in all it was a productive weekend, I also managed a huge pile of half square triangles that were made as leaders and enders.  I love getting two quilts for the price of one!

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

Greg said...

Lucky you getting to go on retreats and have all kinds of good treats to eat!!! Really like your quilts, Charlie's patterns are great... I'm working on a pattern of his in miniature!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

wow ! you really did get a lot done didn't you!!great runner! and your top star quilt, is adorable!

QuiltSue said...

I presume you didn't sleep at all this weekend.

Great quilts you made, I think I loved them all.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I wondered, too, if you slept at all! The teatime treats look fabulous and the quilts are spectacular... every one. Wow!

Lizzet said...

What a weekend! Thank you for sharing it with us.
My favourite is the first quilt. Love the greys, blues, oranges.

Kim Brackett said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And you really accomplished a lot. I love all your quilts. And I love your new blog design -- it's so pretty!

sweetypie said...

I still think prairy stars is absolutely and I love the colours I like it because it looks very modern see you soon..

Unknown said...

nice work.

Qubie said...

I just saw this post. Great looking quilts. You did an awesome job!!!!