Sunday 16 May 2010

Postcard from Lincoln!

OK, I've been here lurking, but the laptop is still out of action for a little longer, a new motherboard, and speakers have been installed, but a little more remedial work is still required. 

But I HAVE been busy!  This little pile is I've been using to try something out for Qubee!  Go check out his blog tomorrow to see what wonderful surprises he has in store!


I was very lucky to win a postcard of my choice from The Quilt Rat, and I can't tell you how beautiful it is,  Thank you Jill  :)  If you haven't seen Jill's work, I really recommend you go take a peak, she is amazing!


Speaking of postcards, in March I was supposed to make something woven for Expedition Quilt Art, whilst I was tidying up bits and pieces for my city and guilds work, I grabbed the left over strips and set to on a woven postcard.  Not thrilling, but it's done!


I also have one in the mail to a friend.  I can't show you that one, sorry.  I was away last weekend at a quilting retreat, whilst I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, more of that in a mo, I did scrounge a few bits and pieces to get a quick postcard made for Eileen who fell ill and had the prospect of her 77th birthday in hospital.


So back to the retreat, I got bindings sewn on 2 quilts, this one ...

And my version of Amanda Jeans' Film Strip.  Sorry no pic till it's finally done!

And because this is a postcard from Lincoln, I've been out and about, with an early morning (very early!) dash to the Fens for a shopping trip.  I captured this view on my way out of the city.


And last week, my partner and I were out celebrating his birthday, and whilst we were on our way home, I got this shot.  I just love the vibrancy of the rape fields at this time of year.


I've been looking for a great landscape shot to use in one of the assignments for c&g and I think this is it!

I'll be back soon enough to show you what postcards we get from these...

This is mine ...

And this one is the Teenage Diva's!  Based on a project they are working on at school.    Have you been over to Expedition Quilt Art Blog, Tina is doing a 'Follow me' project that will result in lots of postcards, go on, go give it a try! 


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You have been busy! I am impressed by your lovely quilting, some very nice fill/background work going on! How well I remember the splendor of those glorious, color-filled fields when we lived in Europe, thanks for sharing~

Quilt Rat said...

Thank you for those wonderful words, Trudi. I am delighted you like your card.
LOVE the way you have quilted yours.Isn't it fun to "micro-quilt" those little things.

Joanne said...

Such wonderful postcards! Thanks for sharing.
I used to live in Lincolnshire, so really enjoyed those pics.

Barb said...

First of all, love the fabric.
Love the postcards
and the pictures....

sophie said...

What a lucky girl--Jill's heart postcard is amazing.

I'm wondering if, because of your computer woes, my email reached you. I'm looking for an update on your Wonky Shoo Fly blocks for the April Block Lotto. It looks like they haven't yet been mailed ... and the winners almost have received the rest of their blocks.

Please contact me or post an update on our group block. THANKS.