Saturday 21 November 2009

Fall Mini Quilt Swap

I've been busy signing up for a few swaps just lately. Not that I need any more projects on top of the huge list I already have, but I think a mini quilt is achievable and such fun to swap with a complete stranger too! This is a secret swap, so my swap partner doesn't know who is making for her. As she doesn't have a blog or a Flicker account (that I'm aware of) It's a little hard to know for sure what she likes.

So these are the fabrics I have chosen to start my Fall mini quilt off with (all from my stash). I know there is definitely too much fabric in the pile, but I've cut off what I need from each, and its a much smaller pile! They pretty much speak fall to me! And I have a great little pattern that I've had, dare I admit it, for at least 10 years! It's about time I used it, don't you think? lol

8 comments:

sweetypie said...

nice choice of fabrics going to be gorgeous i think look forward to seeing the results

Kim Brackett said...

I love all those beautiful batik fabrics. The quilt will be so pretty!

ladmquilter said...

I love your fabrics I am sure your quilt will turn out beautiful. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE... BATIKS!

Angela said...

Mmmmmm....just mouthwatering - I wish I'd joined now and I was your partner :o) x

Kim said...

I have to agree with the others....yummy colors....please show us your progress on this little swap. My swap partner just loved the table runner I made for her......she hasn't sent my gift yet but I'll show it on my blog when I do!

thanks for visiting my blog too :0)
Happy thanksgiving and Happy sewing

Fabric Fanatic said...

Trudi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I thought I'd return the favor and give you a wee visit. I love reading what everyone is up to...I'm not at all prolific, but I enjoy what I do and even though I work slowly, I feel like I'm busy. I'll be checking in on you now that I've found you.

Rumpleteazer said...

Some nice autumnal colours you have there.

Linda Augsburg said...

Another Batik lover!! Love the fabrics! Great assortment.