Thursday 29 October 2009

Busy, busy busy ...

... and still sooooo tried! But that's not what you came over to hear about, so lets get back to the busy bits :o) Last week I went to my LQS for a class, I've signed up for them because I'm really missing the creativity in interacting with other quilters. I get so much more from bouncing ideas with other like minded folk. Anyway, this is what we did last week, a bit of applique and reverse applique and not a hand stitch in sight! Not brilliant, but I had fun learning this!
I've since added binding to this that is reversed too! Just need to sew it down on the back.
And for the weekend I was away in Grimsby again on a retreat. As I no longer have my back brace on, did I tell you I'm free? Yep, corset free and finding my limits all over again! Back to the quilting.
I saw a quilt similar to this done by Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts, and loved it. So much so I e-mailed her and asked is she minded if I did my own version. Thank you Amanda Jean! I grabbed a load of Amy Butler fabrics the last time I went, the blocks had been made for a month, and now it's ready for quilting. Somehow I don't think this one will be long in the waiting pile!
I've been trying to piece 2 yellow quilts for my partners mother for most of this year. Again, the blocks have been pieced for some time, now I have once top complete and the other getting there too :o)


I also managed to finish the piecing of the borders and attache them to this middle from a month ago. It's a bit small by my standards, but it didn't feel right when I tried adding other borders, so it stays as it is.

I also got the binding sewn onto a quilt that I quilted recently too, more hand sewing to be done. The nights are drawing in so its definitely the right time to be cozying up under a quilt to finish off the binding :o) I'll save a pic of that one for when its all done.
So its been a little busy lately, and my energy levels are still a little wobbly, but I'm so much better.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

wow you are working a lot! i love all your quilts! the yellow is so pretty!!!

Tracey said...

you put me to shame! love them all ....

Greg said...

Wow! you've been busy and have something to show for it. I think in the past week I've changed my needle and wound bobbins. Your quilts look really great!

QuiltSue said...

Goodness me you've been a busy bee. No wonder you're feeling tired. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you quilt them now, especially the yellow one, with all those great spaces for quilting to show up.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

WoW! you sure are getting stuff done!
I'm partial to the yellow right now... I'm loving anything yellow... But they all looks nice!!