Thursday 25 June 2009

I went with Yellow!


This evening I pieced this table runner with the left overs from my Old Red Barn Sew Along top (which is yet to be loaded onto the frame and quilted). I have a thing for soft buttery yellows, I'm just that sort of girl I guess. There's something very peaceful and comforting in it don't you think. I'm pleased with this runner, 'cos I'm not really a table runner person.
I like it though, and I'm pleased to have used up all but the last one 4 1/2" x 12 1/2 " piece which I will try to incorporate into either the binding or the back. You'll just have to wait and see!
Happy quilting :o)

2 comments:

free indeed said...

Very nicely done! I haven't sandwiched or quilted mine yet either...I had the grandkids visiting for two weeks, so that got shot out of the schedule. I was thinking of maybe a chinese coin lap quilt with my extras....I do like buttery yellows too. My kitchen is painted yellow...I love my kitchen.
Shelley

QuiltSue said...

It looks lovely and summery. I'm with you too on the yellow, as you may have noticed on my quilts on my blog!