Friday 12 June 2009

Call for Help!

I had fun playing with my ORB Sew Along blocks, and I have a few left. I thought I'd sew them into a table runner, I know how I want them, I just can't decide on the fabric to use as a background filler. This is where I need your help, if you don't mind that is!

These are the fabrics I came up with, my initial thoughts were for this bright lime green. But it sort of loses its crispness.

I went into the office for a rummage and this caught my eye, its not quite as harsh as it appears here, more of a soft buttery yellow.









Then there are a few others that sprang out and jumped into my hands! The shite with turquoise paisley sort of fits the Amy Butler feel.....



















This tan is really shimmery, its such a good fabric, I only managed to get 3/4 meter because that was all that was left! The flowers seemed to be the right tone, but, they're just not talking to me!

And the cream, soft maybe a little stark even...... Oh.......Help! Let me know your thoughts, I have a couple of contenders but..... I'd appreciate which one you like best. Thanks












Oh, and the ORB Sew Along, yep I managed to get it together, and I REALLY love this, not my usual thing, but lovin' it! I have some interesting thoughts about quilting it, I'm going to have to have a little play with pen and paper.







2 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

My choice would be your initial thought - the lime green.
Your quilt is awesome.

auntdebbiequilts said...

I like the yellow. It makes the quilt smile. My second choice would be the tan. It's more subtle than the yellow, but I like how the design relates to all the different prints. I especially like how it ties into the black print. Gorgeous quilt!