Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Weekend Progress Report

I thought I'd give you an idea of what I've been working on over the weekend, whilst I was away in Grimsby.

I finished piecing the stars and middle of this top two weeks ago, so on Friday afternoon I cut, pieced and added the border. So now it has been added to the tops waiting to be quilted pile. (which currently stands at about 15 - shameful!) After dinner I cut a couple more quilts out, one a Jelly Roll quilt and the other using a pattern from a kit to use as leaders and enders.
So I finished piecing the Jelly Roll quilt in this Basket Case pattern, I just need to add borders. Whilst I have the first border fabric, I was hoping to get out to the LQS to get a nice soft olive/lime border fabric to finish it off. Unfortunately I had a call from school to say DD was sick. So my plans for the afternoon have been scuppered! Still there is always Saturday!
I managed to get my leaders and enders to the point that the blocks just have to be pressed and squared up before laying them out to piece together. And, I managed to get all the strip piecing done on my yellow nine patch quilts, I'm hoping to get the last few cuts done this evening. More on these three to come.
So all in all, a productive weekend. Even I was surprised at just how much I got done. Shows what one woman on a mission can do!