Tuesday 19 May 2009

Start Something New (SSN)

Big Busted Mistery
So when you get to a point you can't move anything on what do you do? Me, I start something new of course! I'm a member of the yahoo group 'Stashbusters' who are currently running a mystery quilt. I was late discovering it, with so much turmoil in the house, I'm really quite creatively cramped. So when all else is failing around me I take a diversion and start something new!

These are my fabrics, as soon as I saw how the mystery was progressing I knew these would be lovely, soft, and in a way, comforting. Good job it's not food, otherwise it would be a steamed syrup pudding with custard! I was already 4 clues behind on this to start with, so I'm pleased to say, that whilst I waited for the Gas Man to arrive to service the boiler I managed to catch up.

And now I eagerly await what happens next to this assortment of blocks.

I also managed to turn my pile of Yellow/Cream pieces into 80 Nine Patch blocks this afternoon. All in all a very productive day!

5 comments:

free indeed said...

Oh, those are luscious fabrics! I'm a member of stashbusters too, but haven't been there in many months since I tend to follow blogs now more than groups; and with stashbusters, they had so many posts everyday it was really hard to stay caught up with reading all the posts! Hope to see how this quilt turns out. Maybe I'll run over there and see everyone's fabric choices...

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I love seeing I am NOT the only one with several (way to many) projects going on at once! I'm always juggling... your stars quilt looks great!

Kim said...

Oh that is looking yummy....you are right looks good enough to eat for dessert!
I'm being good though and finishing up a few projects before the French Open starts.....then all bets are off where my imagination will take me.....I'm getting inspired from Bonnie's book.

Happy Sewing,
Kim

Jenny said...

Lovely colours...

Quilter Kathy said...

Yummy fabrics...can't wait to see how it turns out.
I really wish I had time to make this...maybe over the summer.