Tuesday 17 February 2009

Men and Machines....


Well since I last posted, I had a very short notice MRI appointment, the morning my partner and I were planning on going away. My Bernina decided it wanted a service, and I was in the middles of finishing a post card for a colleague at work. And the snow came again! Why me?

I tootled off early morning in the snow for my appointment. Decided the machine could wait 'till we got back, and so headed off into the sunshine for a weekend in Warwick. And wow, what a lovely place it is too! I've returned relaxed and renewed with some exciting inspiration for my city and guilds. (I know... that's one of the things I must concentrate on later this half term week)

When we got home, I dug out my old Janome and tested her for roadworthiness, sure enough she burst into life after sitting for the last two years. A well earned clean and oil and I was ready to relinquish my trusty Bernie to the man that can. Now I can concentrate on finishing another UFO/WIP.

0 comments: