Tuesday 3 February 2009

The best laid plans...




My intention was to piece my 'Blue Horizon' for Superbowl Sunday. Plans are made to be modified. Or should we just say that the plan is the first scratch or draft of what we hope to achieve? After a unexpected trip to my partners' parents, I ended up with a request for 2 quilts for single beds in yellows, creams and browns. Mmmm... so my evening was spent preparing and cutting fabrics for a strip twist. The initial trip for colours was very productive! After an evening of pressing and cutting strips, enough for more than a few quilts, I reduced this pile to a more civilized pile. But it didn't really put a dent in the pile. Sunday was spent frantically piecing and cutting blocks. As much as I am pleased with the results, I think this design is a little too busy for the recipients. Back to the drawing board! The day wasn't over, it only took about 3 or 4 hours to get this far. The blocks will be saved to piece together in a quiet moment, when I am not pushing myself to achieve it all in one day!

So back to 'the plan', I did manage to piece my strips and get them cut to size and start with some of the corner triangles. I've nearly done all 360 blocks, and then have to do them all over again with the alternate corner. I'll keep you posted. I'm really loving how fresh the colours are looking already :o)


0 comments: